Friday, August 15, 2008

Birthday Boy

Eli is my birthday boy. He is 1 year old today! And... he couldn't care less. Eli is completely oblivious to our celebrations of his birthday. But that's okay because he's happy and excited every day - he doesn't need a special day to celebrate.

It is amazing to think about what we were doing one year ago today. I can't believe this year has gone by so fast. But at the same time, I can't imagine life without Eli. It feels like our life was incomplete without him. The one thought that's reoccured throughout this year has been, "No one told me that having children would be so __________." (fill in: wonderful, challenging, awe-inspiring, life changing, rewarding... and loving). Ever since Eli was born, I keep thinking that everyone always says how much work it would be to have a baby, but no one says that it's worth it and you don't mind because you love them so much. My heart just grows each day, as I get to know Eli more and more. I can imagine that just grows exponentially with more children.

In honor of his birthday, we took some pictures of Eli in daddy's clothes. It is so cute to see how little he is compared to daddy. I want to do similar pictures at his future birthdays to show his growth.




















2 comments:

Kristy said...

These really couldn't be any cuter! Happy Birthday, Eli!

Cope Family said...

Happy birthday BIG BOY! I can't believe how big he is. Love you guys and the pics are great.